Welcome to Our Practice
We welcome you as a patient and appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the best quality dental care in our state-of-the-art family dental practice.
Your First Visit
Prior to your first visit, we will ask you to complete new patient registration forms, records release so we may obtain records from your previous dental provideer. Please bring your dental insurance information, if applicable, to the first visit. Arrive 10-15 minutes early for this first appointment and bring your insurance card/information.
Your visit will include an oral cancer screening, an evaluation of your teeth and gums, and any appropriate x-rays. Depending on the type of cleaning needed, you may have your teeth cleaned at this visit. However, we may find it necessary to re-appoint you if it has been a long time since your last professional cleaning or if gum disease is present. Upon completion of your new patient exam, Dr. Miller will outline a treatment plan and discuss treatment options.
It is important to realize an appointment time is reserved for you alone and it is essential to arrive on time. We make every effort to stay on schedule and realize how important your time is to you. We strive to schedule appointments appropriately to minimize the number of visits required to complete your care.
We encourage new patients to arrive a few minutes early to complete the new patient registration form or visit the forms and links section of this website to download the form. Bring the completed form with you on your first visit or send electronically prior to your visit.
We request a minimum of 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep a reserved appointment time. Should an emergency arise that would cause you to cancel or arrive late, please call us as soon as possible.
Payment and Insurance
We are a fee for service practice and payment for dental care is due at time of service. We accept most major credit cards or personal checks. We will be happy to file your dental insurance claim for you. Dental claims are typically filed electronically, and you should receive reimbursement in 2 to 3 weeks. We are not in-network or a preferred provider with any insurance company. Benefits reimbursements tend to be the same or similar regardless.
Dr. Miller's office is an independent practice and is not owned by a corporate entity, this allows us to offer you treatment options according to your individual needs. We do not allow insurance companies to dictate your options, or the services and we offer, however, we will be glad to help you obtain benefit information and file documentation to maximize your insurance plan benefits.
Our office has made changes to how we provide services to maintain the health and safety of our patients and team members. All of our staff members are vaccinated. One of the advantages of being a small practice is that we can limit the number of patients; by decreasing the number of visits we can increase the time between patients allowing for healthier air. If you are medically compromised, or have concerns, we encourage appointments first thing in the morning, ideally Mondays. Please feel free to contact us with specific concerns.
Among these are:
- Limiting the number of patients seen each day, asking patients to come alone and with a mask. Our reception area seating is spaced for social distancing with additional seating in common areas as well. In additon e are not allowing outside visitors, sales or delivery people into the office.
- Alternating treatment rooms, extending downtime between paitients
- Pre-procedural anti-viral rinsing
- Enhanced air filtration, disinfection and use of more barriers in rooms
- Use of hand sanitizer as patients enter/leave the building, use of face masks for patients and staff while in the building, temperature screening
- COVID screening questions prior to coming to the office and upon arriving to appointment
- Limiting aerosol producing procedures
- Additional PPE for staff; disposable gowns, face shields, high filtration masks